Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Upcoming Events

Ah, spring is in the air. The birds are singing, the crocuses are blooming and Seattle is warming up to 43 degrees. And the big birds of Alaska Airlines are getting ready to take me out of town. With the arrival of spring, I am taking it on the road.

Next week I will be attending the Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco. The conference will be great and I am especially looking forward to the session that Peter Kim, Charlene Li, and Jeremiah Owyang are having, Why Social Media Marketing Fails - and How to Fix It. It will be great to see the 3 Superstar analysts together - a must see! If you are attending the conference, please leave a comment and let's meet up.

The following week, I will be presenting a follow-up webinar to last month's Become a Twitter Ninja for the Society for Word of Mouth. On April 8th, we will go talk about what some companies are doing in Become a Twitter Grandmaster. Please feel free to leave your advanced twitter tips in the comments. Last month's session was a lot of fun and I am sure this one will be as well. Sign up on the SWOM site.

At the end of April, I will be back in San Francisco for Chris Brogan's Inbound Marketing Summit and the Society for New Communications Research New Comm Forum from the 27th - 29th. It will be great to catch up with many good friends like Zena Weist and Aaron Strout and make new ones as well.

In May, a long trip to Florida for WOMMA's WOMM-U on May 13 - 14th in South Beach. I don’t think you can travel much further than Seattle – Miami!  There I will be speaking about Twitter. Last year, I spoke on social media and I found this event to be one of the better events of the year as there was so much hands-on, face to face interaction with the roundtable breakouts. I am sure that this year's conference will be even better.

Finally May concludes with the first conference dedicated to Twitter, 140, The Twitter Conference, back to the bay area in Mountain View on May 26th and 27th. You don’t think I would miss that!

I hope to see you at one of these events. Please let me know where you will be so that we can connect.

0 comments: