A lot of great discussions around retweets on Twitter, so I'd like to share a few of them (and some other posts) that you may have missed.
- Connie Bensen shows off some innovative features on her blog, Tweetbacks and Most Tweeted.
- David Armano discusses the value of the Re-Tweet on Logic and Emotion.
- Retweet guru, Dan Zarrella, continues to move the bar on extending Twitter with blogs as he introduces the Tweetback This button.
- Joel Postman offers a counterpoint to retweets in his post, Excessive RTs can be tiring.
- A new tool is introduced, Re.Twitd, which tracks the most popular retweets at different intervals.
- And another similar tool, Retweetradar which shows a tag cloud of the most retweeted items on Twitter as well as top users and links.
How do you use the retweet? Do you find it an important development in your Twitter usage? Is it a positive direction?
And separate from the retweet discussion,
- Rick Liebling has a great story about how Burger King is integrating Twitter into its new campaign on Eyecube.
- Mashable has a list of 5 good ways to discover Twitter apps.
- Kevin Dixie posits, why Twitter can kill Facebook.
- Brian Oberkirch endorses Firefox plug-in, PowerTwitter.
- Texas Tech Advertising Professor Sam Bradley wrote great advice for his students, but really for anyone new to Twitter, A College Student’s Guide to Twitter.
There you have it, some of the more interesting recent stories about Twitter. Were there other ones that you found unique and interesting? I’d love to learn about them.