Monday, June 2, 2008

Where's Fudgie??


I can't believe I'm saying this, but Fudgie has not been around for over 24 hours. Although he was cute and sweet, I don't think anyone will miss him. So what happened? Twitter seems fast and stable today. Is the SMS coming back soon? Enhanced API support? I only know enough to ask dangerous questions. But a guy who does know enough and who I have a great deal of respect for, Michael Krigsman, has written a tremendous post, Rescuing Twitter's train wreck on his blog. A man after my own heart, he even includes a Forrester graphic. Michael Krigsman is CEO of Asuret, Inc., a software and consulting company dedicated to reducing software implementation failures. I think this guy knows what he's talking about and can tell Ev and Biz a thing or two. I hope you guys are listening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, and great article by @mkrigsman. It's apparent everyone is tentatively embracing the recent wave of twitter up time. At least Twitter chose Fudgie the Whale over Cookie Puss. This will ultimately be a case study example of how to either a) bury a compelling startup or b) weather some serious storms. Hopefully the latter!

Warren said...

I agree, hopefully,this will be a case study on how to weather the serious storms. If @ev and @biz listen to @mkrigsman, I'm sure it will. And not a fan of Cookie Puss, either.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, but I seriously doubt they are listening to me. I don't know them, but serious denial is a component of virtually every IT failure I've ever seen and no reason to think Twitter is an exception.

That said, I enjoy Twitter and think it's a brilliant idea. Problem is in the execution, which I hoped improves soon.

Michael Krigsman
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mkrigsman

Anonymous said...

While I am excited that the humans are getting more and more up time with twitter, it means I get to see less and less of my true love, @failwhale. We <3 you FailWhale!